Saturday, October 24, 2009

david's reflection

Reflections
Today at the private exhibit at Hyper Island for the selected jury and judges we presented what we have been up to the past few weeks. Before I go on to talk about the details of what could/should have been better, I would like to cast an eye on how the last 3 weeks have progressed.
Most of my time was working on presentations and assisting Emma in contacting sponsors and pitching the idea to them. What we could have done better? It think underestimating how difficult it would be to construct a prototype was our big "learning experience" (i.e. mistake).
As for the presentation today, I also felt it was flawed. We did not practice and there where moments when we were trying to take the parole from each other by force (something I hate). I felt really pushy when presenting because I asked Mariana to lower the volume of her movie, in order for me to speak whilst it played. These things should have been discussed earlier optimally. However, I felt that it overall went well, especially the reaction of the jury.
They expressed bona fide interest in our idea. Best of all, was when they had clapped and the presentation was over: Fredrik from Perfect Fools (one of the members of the jury) pulls out a card and directs it towards me, expressing his interest in our idea and offering to help us work with it!
Just as well, the 2nd external jury member gave us his contact details because he too, was interested!
Really excited for the exhibit tomorrow where we will get the chance to show the industry our concept. Will be totally different presenting to just a couple of people or one person at a time.

More updates later :) and check out the cool video of me dancing with the glove simulation .




Live Support Simulation from David Walegren on Vimeo.